[NOBE-L] NFB-NEWSLINE® Mobile 3.0 with KNFB Reader Basic Released

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Tue Sep 29 16:30:23 UTC 2020

 		 [1]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NFB-NEWSLINE® MOBILE 3.0 WITH KNFB READER BASIC RELEASED

_Free iOS App Now Available_

The National Federation of the Blind has released version 3.0 of
NFB-NEWSLINE(R) Mobile to the Apple App Store. The brand new, redesigned
app not only allows subscribers to access all of the content available
through NFB-NEWSLINE [2] from their iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device, but
includes a free basic version of the KNFB Reader mobile app. NFB-NEWSLINE
Mobile includes these features and much more:

 	* KNFB Reader Basic, a free version of KNFB Reader with the core
functions necessary to quickly scan any printed text-just point, shoot, and
read!
 	* The ability to share articles from publications in the breaking news
category to social media channels.
 	* Multiple customization options to organize, save, and manage both
NFB-NEWSLINE content and documents scanned with KNFB Reader Basic.

NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.0 is fully accessible with VoiceOver so that users
can hear content read aloud or read it in Braille with a connected
refreshable Braille display or notetaker, making the app ideal for blind
and deafblind users.

"We are pleased and proud that NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile 3.0--a technology
solution created by blind people for blind people--is now a one-stop
destination for access to all kinds of information, including printed
text," said Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the
Blind. "Having instant access to the information we need wherever we go
helps all blind and deafblind people live the lives we want."

David DeNotaris, who participated in beta testing of the app, said: "As a
husband/father, entrepreneur, and elected school board director, access to
print information is crucial! NFB-NEWSLINE provides me with fast, reliable,
and accessible local, state, national and international breaking news and
information at my fingertips! At a recent school board meeting, a document
was distributed in print with updated guidance that needed to be considered
prior to a vote later in the evening. I used my NFB-NEWSLINE app to quickly
and discreetly snap a picture and listen to the document through my
earbuds, take some notes, ask questions, and make an informed decision.
NFB-NEWSLINE helps me stay connected, empowering me to contribute on our
local school board and compete in our global economy, allowing me to fit
in, not sit out. Thank you NFB-NEWSLINE team, you are #DifferenceMakers!"

For more information about the NFB-NEWSLINE service and the new mobile app,
please visit https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18521&qid=4194083 [2].

###

ABOUT THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in Baltimore, is
the oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind Americans. Founded
in 1940, the NFB consists of affiliates, chapters, and divisions in the
fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB defends the rights of
blind people of all ages and provides information and support to families
with blind children, older Americans who are losing vision, and more. We
believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and work together to
transform them into reality. Learn more about our many programs and
initiatives at www.nfb.org [3].

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen
 Director of Public Relations
 National Federation of the Blind
 (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
 (410) 262-1281 (Cell)
 cdanielsen at nfb.org

To read this news online visit:
https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18524&qid=4194083
[4]

 		 [5]
 		 [6]
 		 [7]
 		 [8]

 		 [9]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [10] | Opt Out [11] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [12]

 		 ..

Links:
------
[1] https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=18543&qid=4194083