[NOBE-L] Classroom management

Scherf, Noah J NoahScherf at creighton.edu
Wed Sep 15 04:57:11 UTC 2021

Hello everyone,
My name is Noah and I'm a first year low vision teacher. I'm the first visually impaired teacher to ever go through my program, so I'm reaching for help from people with more experience. For context, I teach middle school.

One vision related aspect that I'm really struggling with is classroom management. I'm not able to see much further than a student or two away, and many students have quickly learned that they can take advantage of this (having their phones out, using school technology for the wrong purpose, etc.) I'm hoping I can find any tips/resources for a first year low vision teacher struggling to manage students I can't see.
Noah Scherf