[NOBE-L] Student teaching

shelbi felter sfelts at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 20:38:36 UTC 2022

Hi all,
I am going into student teaching at a public elementary school for cited students in January. My advisor is very concerned as I am totally blind and has many questions. She is especially concerned about how to nonverbally check and keep track of students progress in the moment. Also she is worried about safety in the classroom as many sighted people are.

On top of these topics I am seeking any sort of advice that you use in your classrooms every day as a walk into this challenging time. Thank you so much in advance for all that you do and your advice to help another future educator.

Shelbi Felter B.A.
College of education CSULB
Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle sparkle’s