[Nyabs] Fwd: FW: Travel Abroad Opportunity for Young Adults with Disabilities

Kathryn Carroll carroll.kathryn.e at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 20:00:21 UTC 2012

Dear NYABS,

MIUSA is holding an information session at VISIONS in NYC on the 30th
about their trip to Madrid, Spain for young adults with disabilities. I
was one of the delegates on the MIUSA Costa Rica trip two years ago. It
was one of the best experiences of my life.

At the very least check out the information session, the details of
which are below. When they say generous scholarships are available,
MIUSA means it; I paid NOTHING to go to Costa Rica to make great friends
and gain incredible leadership experience.

Kathryn

Colleagues:

I would like to invite you and your consumers, their parents and other
family members to attend an information and recruitment session about an
exciting travel abroad opportunity for young adults with disabilities.
This summer, Mobility International USA or MIUSA (WWW.miusa.org
<http://www.miusa.org>) is sponsoring a trip to Madrid, Spain!  Young
adults with disabilities who participate in this program will gain
leadership skills and exposure to cross-disability issues from a global
perspective.

A representative from the program will be on-hand at VISIONS at Selis
Manor on Monday,   January 30 from 6 - 8 PM to describe the program and
assist interested candidates in applying.  Please see the attached flyer
for more details.

Participants must be disabled NYC residents between the ages of 18 -
24.  Generous scholarships are available to qualified applicants.
Culturally diverse candidates and individuals from low-income households
are encouraged to apply.

Please distribute the attached flyer widely among your constituents.
The benefits of having experienced international travel are vast in
today's global marketplace.

Dawn M. Suvino

Director of Workforce Development/Youth Services

VISIONS/Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired

135 W. 23rd Street

New York, NY 10011

646.486.4444, ext. 14

dsuvino at visionsvcb.org <mailto:dsuvino at visionsvcb.org>

Please visit our websites:

http://www.visionsvcb.org <http://www.visionsvcb.org/>

http://www.blindline.org <http://www.blindline.org/>

This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links
contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or legally
protected, and as such is not a public document. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete
the original and all copies of the communication, along with any
attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.