[Nyabs] EEOC settles lawsuit on behalf of vision-impaired job applicant

Kathryn Carroll carroll.kathryn.e at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 11:44:54 UTC 2012

Hi NYABS,

I am interning at the EEOC, and the office I work in focuses on disability
and gender issues. Therefore, I sometimes come across cases of
discrimination against blind people. The link below goes to one example. A
person with ocular albinism applied for a job in NJ, but the job offer was
rescinded when the employer found out that this person could not drive.
Unfortunately, the article doesn't discuss the qualifications for the job
and whether the employer asked for applications that can drive. Figured
we'd all find this interesting.

Kate