[Nyabs] Recruiting blind participants for focus group

Walei Sabry walei.sabry at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 01:29:14 UTC 2012

Dear NYABS,

My name is Walei Sabry and I am a disability studies graduate student.
 Currently, I am working on my graduate research project.  I am
writing to you because I need to recruit participants for this
project.  The study will consist of one focus group that meets for two
sessions.  Each session will be no longer than two hours.  My research
question examines helping behaviors of sighted people towards blind
people while traveling or using public spaces.  I would like to
explore the experiences and opinions of blind people regarding the
assistance of sighted strangers.  For this, I will need to recruit a
minimum of 8 blind adults, ages 21 and above, who travel independently
using a mobility cane or guide dog.  I have attained IRB approval and
will take necessary measures to protect the identities of
participants.  Please let me know if you or anyone you know would like
to participate in this study.  Also, I would greatly appreciate it if
you would pass this along to any appropriate persons or organizations.

Respectfully Yours,
Walei Sabry