[Nyabs] Fwd: Huffington post article: Racing an Ironman Blind

David Dodge daviddod at buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 7 01:33:11 UTC 2012

Hm, very interesting article. I agree that it showed some interesting
things about the guide. That he (the guide) missed things, felt exhaustion,
just like the other athletes. But what kind of concerns me is was the
expectation that the athlete wouldn't become an Ironman because he was
blind?

A great athlete is a great athlete regardless of any disability.

David
David Dodge
Diversity in Disability Planning Committee Chairperson
English Major
University at Buffalo
306 Clemens Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260