[Nyabs] Earl iOS app

Kathryn Carroll nyabs.board at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 14:02:52 UTC 2013

Earl™, the voice accessible iOS application that reads newspapers, magazines and other news content. Use your voice to access the news and magazine content you want read to you. "This is by far the best newspaper app I've come across." — Melissa, California USA Earl™ is an iPhone®, iPad® or iPod Touch® app for every person who wants to have the newspaper and other content read to them, and have it read without having to spend a lot of time learning and using a complicated set of gestures and commands. Originally developed for people who are blind or sight-impaired, Earl is extremely accessible for the blind or sight-impaired person who wants access to the up-to-date news and media content from the web. Earl is so accessible even people who are sight-dependent can use it! Other uses for Earl include having news and magazine articles read to you during your commute, workout or walk. Learn More About How to Use Earl With a few spoken commands, the Earl app will read news articles or other content that you select. Choose from 250 plus newspapers, magazines and websites from around the world, without ever having to see the screen. From national news sources to the local newspaper, Earl makes the latest news accessible anytime, anywhere. All that is needed is an iPhone®, iPad® or iPod Touch®, an Internet connection and a desire to keep up on what's happening in your community and around the world. More About Earl's Features Reviews of Earl "The interface works well, and is suitable for all levels of user-capability. Also, it is marvelous to have such diverse content under one roof. Well Done." — David, Belfast, Northern Ireland "Earl is the first application on iOS that I have come across that can be used by both a blind person and a fully sighted person without having to do any special customization. Regardless of your disability, as long as you have the ability to talk, you will be able to use this app." —OldHatGuide.com "Earl is a great news reading app, easy, simple and fast." — Peter, Belgium "I'm very impressed." — Karry, UK "Earl is very easy to use and thoroughly enjoyable. The bonus for me was that my wife tried the app using my phone and was able to use it. She has Parkinson's Disease and using an iPhone with gestures is not something she enjoys." — Leo, Canada "So cool!" — Laura, Oregon USA "I am finding the particular voices you are using really something, they are great." — Paul, New Zealand "Let me say how much I enjoy the app." — Juliette, Louisiana USA "Congratulations on this brilliant achievement in technology!!! I don't think you can miss!" — Kathy, California USA Kathryn Carroll President, New York Association of Blind Students