[Nyagdu] conference Calls

Margo and Elmo margo.downey at verizon.net
Wed Nov 19 15:49:40 UTC 2008

Yes, you viewed the subject line correctly.  We will have two conference calls this particular month because they are occurring right around Thanksgiving and i want as many of you to have one or two chances to be in on the calls.

the conference calls will be held:

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 8:00 p.m.

We'll only have one call if everyone shows up at the first call and another call isn't needed but I'd prefer to have the two calls.
Now, I will wait fifteen minutes and if no one comes to the call, the conference call will be shut down.  So, that means at 8:15, if I'm the only one there, the call will close.
conference calls will be recorded so we have a record of the calls so we can make sure that we accomplish all that we've set out to accomplish.  I hope this will be okay with everyone.

On Friday, November 21, 2008, I will email an agenda, so, prior to that, if you have agenda items, let me know.  One piece of terminology I'll be using on the agenda that may not be familiar to some of you is the phrase, "for the good of the order."  This occurs toward the end of the agenda and it simply means stuff like open discussion, announcements, upcoming events, and so on.  At the beginning, we will also have personal check-ins so you can mention the new house you bought, the new grandchild or child, a marriage in the family, an illness going on, a new job, that you'd like to share with us so we can be supportive of you as people and not just as guide dog handlers or those interested in guide dogs.  of course, you don't have to share anything but it'll be there for those who wish to so we can congratulate  you or be empathic about something but we won't give advice or counsel.

also, at the end of the call, we will have a conference call evaluation.  This will give us a change to express a word or phrase about our thoughts on how the conference call went--was it productive or not, was it fun or not, was it enthusiastic, did we do what we started out to do, and so on.

so, anyone wishing to have a general agenda item, please let me know by Friday morning.

the conference call number is:

712-432-0080

the conference code is

333819

We've had a Nyagdu conference call but it was registered to Lucy Cox and so I thought it'd be better to register under my own name this time.

Again, the number is

712-432-0080

Code:

333819

I look forward to our calls so we can continue changing what it means to be blind and to be guide dog handlers.

Margo and Elmo