[Nyagdu] [Travelandtourism] Service dog in Costa Rica?

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:11:38 UTC 2012

Good morning everyone:
I had someone post a question about bringing a guide dog into Costa Rica.
Please see the information below.
There is no Quarantine there but you do need a USDA Health Certificate, I do not see anything about a permit being needed accept for the health certificate.
Hope you can send this to the webmaster of NAGDU for references to Costa Rica.
Sincerely,
Cheryl Echevarria

First guide dogs are allowed into Costa Rica.
The guide lines of such is you must get a USDA Vet, and your vet will let you know if he does the paperwork, if not you can contact you guide dog school and they can give you a list of the USDA Vets in your area.
Certification Statements The dog/cat was examined and found to be healthy and free of any clinical signs of infectious disease. This examination should be conducted within 2 weeks of the departure date.Dogs were vaccinated against distemper, hepatitis, Leptospirosis, parvovirus and rabies.Cats were vaccinated against rabies.Vaccination RequirementsSee Certification Statement No. 2 above.Animals over 3 months of age must be vaccinated against rabies.Other Information It is recommended that an International Certificate (APHIS FORM 7001) for Small Animals be used.The health certificate should be made out in duplicate.The health certificate does NOT need to be signed by a Notary Public, nor does it need to be stamped by the Costa Rican Consular office.Animals exported in commercial lot numbers must be accompanied by an Import Permit. Personal pets (dogs or cats) do NOT need an Import Permit.The official rabies vaccination certificate must accompany the health documents and is valid for the period of the vaccine (1 or 3 years).The dog/cat and supporting documentation will be inspected/reviewed upon arrival to Costa Rica.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.
Thank you.