[Nyagdu] [NAGDU] Convention Debriefing

JULIE PHILLIPSON jbrew48 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 15 00:52:43 UTC 2013

Marion I asked to speak 3 times and was not given the opportunity to do so.
You allowed each person on the board to speak several times.  I thought
this call was for the board to hear from the membership.  What I wanted to
say is that the UPS volunteers are also around and may not be getting any
training regarding guide dogs.  I went out at 7 am one morning and a guy
who I do not believe was with the hotel since he was dressed as a tourist
told me to go out and to the right.  I started to say no I need to go to
the box.  He said the one to the right was closer.  I thought perhaps they
had moved it so I was looking for it but there was no box.  Then he said no
its to the right and I said on the grass?  He said yes that was wear the
sign is saying dog relief area.  Was that supposed to be the case because
that is how that all started happening.  I also want to say that then the
trash can was right next to the door.  It was disgusting and I don't blame
other guests for having negative feelings about guide dogs!  If we had
continued to use the box all the time that may not have happened or perhaps
the trash cans can be emptied several times a day.