[Nyagdu] Another issues with Guide Dogs on US Airlines, Just saw this on ABC News this morning

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 14 11:21:30 UTC 2013

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=9325219#

Good morning all:
US Airlines cancelled there flight because guide dog users couldn't get his dog under the seat in time for take off so they cancelled the flight, really wow!!!
I just saw this story on ABC News just now. I don't know if Albert Rizzi is still on the NAGDU or NYAGDU Lists, but he was involved in the story.
Albert if you are there, you know from our postings that both NAGDU and Travel and Tourism Division are heavily working on these issues with the airlines.
>From what I heard on the news  and the link to the video is attached.
What are they are saying, US Airlines cancelled the flight in Philadelphia and bused all of the passengers back to McArthur Airport here on Long Island, because the flight crew said that Mr. Rizzi, couldn't get his dog to get under the seat of the plane in front of him for take off. FYI, from the passengers that were interviewed at Islip returning home this morning, remember this was a live video, so it was around 5AM this morning. That Mr. Rizzi was in no way out of line, or his dog was not listening to him.
But the flight attendants say other wise. So the Captain come on the loud speaker and because of the issues, they are cancelling the flight and everyone was going to be bused back to Long Island.
NAGDU and Travel and Tourism, we need stuff like this to stop. I know Marion Gwizdala and I have spoken and working on a resolution to educate the airlines, so these issues do not happen again.
I am hoping that when Albert can will give a full report on the issues, and even though he is not a member of NAGDU and just a member of this list, that we can work together to stop these issues.
If you did not listen to the Echevarria Travel Show this past month with me and my co-host Margo Downey, we had President Marion Gwizdala on part of the show and we spoke of these issues.
This is the 3rd Airline to have issues with people with guide dogs and also cane users that do not respect us and understand the FAA and Aircraft Carriers Act.
Please go to my blog page for the recent show from November 6, 2013 where we also had Dwight Sayer, President, National Association of Blind Veterans.
http://echevarriatravelblog.com/?page_id=1464
Thank you.
Cheryl Echevarria, Board MemberNYAGDU
and PresidentNFB Travel and Tourism www.nfbtravel.orgcherylandmaxx at hotmail.com631-236-5138

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerwww.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations at echevarriatravel.com
 Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking www.nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314. Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama