[Nyagdu] NFB Travel & Tourism Meeting at National Convention

cheryl echevarria via Nyagdu nyagdu at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 18:16:04 UTC 2014

Dear Fellow Federationists:

The 2014 National Federation of the Blind National Convention, to be held at the Rosen Centre July 1-6, is rapidly approaching. If you have not yet pre-registered or reserved your room at the Rosen Centre, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible. You won’t want to miss what is always the largest and most exciting gathering of blind people in the country!

On Thursday, July 3 at 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm and might run a little longer , the NFB Travel & Tourism Division, a proud Division of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding its annual meeting
We will be having guest speakers:
Ms. Cathy Vazquez, Access Manager, Norwegian Cruise LinesMr. Andrew Garnett, President and CEO, www.specialneedsatsea.comMr. Patrick Keyes,  Admissions Coordinator, National Statler Center for Careers in Hospitality Service,  Olmsted Center for SightAlso we will see if Mr. Mark Riccobono, will be able to speak with us a little bit
Business meeting for the year with Secretary and Treasurer Reports,Elections: All are welcome to run, must be present to be nominated and elected
Dues are $10 a year.

More information about the convention!
 Rooms at the Rosen Centre are available on a first-come, first-served basis until our block is filled or until May 28, whichever comes first. After our block is filled and/or after May 28, the hotel has no obligation to accept any further reservations. The room block often fills up before the deadline, which is less than two weeks away! To make a reservation now and ensure you don’t miss out on the special room rates associated with our block, please call the Rosen Centre at (800) 204-7234.

The deadline for preregistration for the national convention is also quickly approaching – preregistration ends at midnight on May 31. As always, we encourage you to preregister online (http://lx-web.nfb.org/convention) and avoid waiting in the long lines at convention. You will also save some money by preregistering -the preregistration fee for convention is $25 ($30 on site) and the cost of a banquet ticket is $55 ($60 on site).

Come and join in on the fun.

Cheryl Echevarria, President
National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division
A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
www.nfbtravel.org
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Sign up for our e-newsletter by e-mailing us you first and last name, and e-mail address to reservations at echevarriatravel.com, let us know if you want just text or pictures in your e-mail.

Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama