[Oabs] Recipes

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 10:17:18 UTC 2014

Hi, OABSters,

I'm looking for some really good recipes for the summer so I can start
contributing dishes to family gatherings.  With 4th of July, Labor
Day, and random pool parties left, there will be plenty of
opportunities for me to practice culinary skills.  Do any of you have
some good recipes?  I'll share one I recently got from one of my mom's
friends, too.

Easy Guacamoli With a Kick
Only takes a few minutes to prepare, and is low cal.  If you're a real
health nut, avocado is also a super food.
Ingredients: 1 avocado, some Greek yogurt, any other things you like
in your guacamole such as diced tomatos or cilantro, and hot sauce.
Step 1: In a bowl, mash the avocado to the consistency you desire.  I
prefer mine a little chunky.
Step 2: Mix in some Greek yogurt for a creamy texture.  2 or 3 table
spoons should do it, though you may need a little more if you are not
going for a chunky guac.
Step 3: Mix in any additional ingredients (Diced tomatos, cilantro, etc).
Step 4: Add a few drops of hot sauce to taste, and mix well.
Step 5: Cool in fridge and serve cold with chips and/or salsa.