[Oabs] Some more recognition

Kaiti Shelton via Oabs oabs at nfbnet.org
Fri May 16 16:30:47 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have also been informed that Joy Mistovich will be graduating with
her masters in English from Youngstown State, with the distinction of
suma cum laude.  She defended her thesis with flying colors, and was
also recently inducted into OMocron Delta Kappa, a leadership honors
society.  She is now in the process of applying for PHD programs at
several schools but entrance will require on the number of spaces in
the program and other logistical factors.

Congratulations, Joy!  We'll have our fingers crossed for the PHD
programs, too.

I'm going to repeat what I said in my last email, just for the sake of
clarity since my IPhone decided to use autocorrect.  If anything even
relatively exciting happens academically or in federation work, I
think it would be great to tell the division about it.  You can
announce it yourself over the list, or send the information to me so I
can do it.  Either way is fine.  I think as a division it is good to
know when exciting things happen to our members, so we can root each
other on.  So, anything like dean's list recognition or honor role,
acceptance to any honors society's, scholarship awards, and big events
like graduation of course will be great things to acknowledge.  Also,
any work you do in the federation will also be great to acknowledge.
If you are working on a project, let us know about it.  If you write
something for the Student Slate, Future Reflections, the Buckeye
Bulletin, or the Braille Monitor, please make sure that information
gets posted on our list so everyone else can check out what you've had
to say.