[Oabs] ATTN Fundraisers. The Maurers are awesome!

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 17:51:14 UTC 2014

Hi, all,

I have an update on Fundraising.  I took on responsibility for calling
the national office to see what they would suggest for getting braille
bookmarks done in September, since all our options were turning up
duds.  I left a message yesterday afternoon, and Pat Maurer returned
my call this morning.  She said that we should try National Braille
Press, which I believe someone on the committee was assigned to call,
but nothing came out of it.  She was really helpful, and sent me an
entire list of braille production companies.

On a hunch, I tried calling NBP to see what they would say.  I don't
know if they were never actually called before or what happened, but I
found it very easy to get what we need.  I have an email address now
for a woman who can give us a quote once she sees our design.  She can
print as well as braille the bookmarks, so everything would be
professionally handled by National Braille Press.  I wasn't sure how
many we'd want per batch, so I said we'd most likely buy them 250 or
500 at a time, and she said any amount between those two numbers is
doable.  She wanted to know if we would be using a 9.5 by 3 inch
bookmark.  I thought that was what our measurements were, but someone
can correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyhow, I have her email address, so once we get a template (which I
think Tim Pennington has), we can email it to her and get a quote.

Second tries are a charm.  Either that, or mentioning that I was
calling on Pat Maurer's suggestion did the trick.