[Oabs] Networking. The perks of sticking out

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 05:05:09 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm at the American Music Therapy Association's National Conference and I had a really cool experience today. My last session ended, and I was walking past a bunch of tables with information to get to the lobby, and someone called out my first and last name from one of the tables. She couldn't have possibly seen my name tag because somehow it flipped backwards, but this woman knew exactly who I was. She remembered meeting me two years ago at conference when I went to one of her sessions. She remembered I had been a freshman at the time, and where I went to school. She said my can't was what jogged her memory. I got her business card, a new connection on linked in, and some great information about Berekely's masters program from her too.

Sometimes, standing out can serve you very well.

Sent from my iPhone