[Oabs] Bookmarks

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 20:34:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Nicole from NBP just got back to me.  The bookmarks will cost us
roughly 70 cents a piece.  I arrived at this conclusion by taking the
quote for 500 bookmarks, and dividing that by the price of $350.
Obviously, we'll need to spend a little money to make it, but we also
cannot afford to spend that much.  I'm proposing that we check how
much money we presently have in our account and in hand.

If we cut the quote in half, that will roughly cost us $125.  If we
want to go lower than that, I can ask Nicole what we can get for $100.
I know we made about $60 on dues and Joy plans on sending Emily
another $5 for her dues, plus we have the $90 or so from the raffle,
so we may not be in the hole at all in comparrison to where we were
before convention if we're willing to make this investment in future
fundraising.  We could sell the bookmarks for about $1.50 or $2, and
double or triple our profit easily.

I'm especially interested in hearing from our accounting guru, but
thoughts from others will be helpful as well.  I understand that the
IRS notice for fixing our account problem  has not made it to my house
yet (for those who don't know, shortly before convention Emily found
out that our ID number was also someone else's social security number,
so it needs to be changed).  Until that gets to my house and Emily and
I go in online and fix it, our account might not be able to make the
transaction.  However, I'm sure Eric and Sherry will be happy to make
the initial buy for us, so long as we pay them back.  They have
already been made aware of the issue and know that we will pay them
the money that goes to BELL from our raffle once the problem is
resolved, so I'm sure they would understand our situation here as
well.

Thoughts?