[Oabs] Attn, phone line change

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 03:15:21 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Due to the problems we've been experiencing with this phone line,
Aleeha and I have discussed the possibility of switching to a line
that is more reliable.  With Ryan out of state and the number of
problems we've been having with individuals and entire groups of
callers getting locked out, plus the limited accessibility of the site
which is preventing most of us from monitoring the line, we're just
not in a position to keep losing out on calls and callers.

So, here is what we can do for next week at our call for general membership.

We will use the old conference line to ensure that we can get callers
on who can be there.  We will vote to move to one of the conference
calling lines that NABS uses (605 is the area code for that one, and a
lot of other divisions use them because they're reliable).

I am really sorry to bring this proposal up to those who were around
when we made the switch a year or so ago, but this just isn't working
out without someone who can be dedicated to keeping up with the calls
and troubleshooting problems as they arise.  We will vote on Aleeha's
proposal next week.  I also propose, although it is up to Aleeha, that
the membership committee meet following our general meeting to make up
for the missed opportunity tonight.

Thanks, and I hope you all have been enjoying your week.  Stay warm,