[Oabs] Awards packet reflection, and scrip!

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 02:00:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I've confirmed with our awards chair, Shelbi, that we will be able to
go over the awards packet at our board meeting.  The form will not be
out in time for our meeting, but Shelbi has said that she doesn't
think it will change much if at all from last year.  I've kept a copy
of the form that we submitted last year and can always transfer the
information once the new form has been released.  I remember it being
very hard to get everyone together for this last year, so I want to
start on it now with the board and anyone else who is able to attend
the call.  We'll have this item near last on our agenda, so if you
can't call in at 7:30 please do try to pop on as soon as you are able
to help contribute notes about your activity.  I will email a copy of
the form as it stands out over the list once we are done with the call
so that anyone who was not able to call in can at least see the
questions that are being asked of us, but I don't want to edit it over
the list anymore if that can be avoided.

I'll offer an insentive here, as I tend to do when we get down to the
convention details.  Anyone who is currently not sitting on the board
and calls in will have their dues for next year paid by me personally.
I believe Macy had her dues paid by me last year for taking notes at a
meeting I could not attend, and this is of similar importance.  If
nothing else, come tell us about what you're involved in at school,
church, or otherwise and forget worrying about the cash you'll need to
pay for next year's membership.

I'd like for everyone to start taking stock of the past year to make
the awards packet easier to fill out.  Here are some points to
consider.  Please take special note of the 7th item on this list
*cough cough Shop with Scrip*
What projects have you been involved with in your local chapters?
What affiliate projects have you been involved in?
What state and national divisions do you belong to?
Do you sit on any boards?  Do you hold any officer positions?
What activities are you involved in as extracurriculars at school, in
your church, outside of both?
What activities are you involved in that directly effect the blind?
E.G, advocacy efforts, programs for blind children, disability
awareness groups.
Have you shopped with Scrip yet?  *Cough cough, do it*
Are you registered with NFB Newsline?  Have you registered in this past year?

Those are just some questions I remember show up on the form from last
year.  Please take a moment to mull these over before we fill out the
packet, and shop with scrip!  It only takes a short time to register
an account, and once that is set up buying is easy.  I'm sure we all
know a friend or family member with a birthday coming up, but if
nothing else buy a Wal-Mart card for yourself and use it to buy
groceries.  Just a few minutes of your time can help the affiliate at
no additional cost to you, and it will get us closer to reaching
Eric's challenge.  In the meantime, I'll do the same and try to get
over my cough.

Secretary, NFB Performing Arts Division