[Oabs] A few notes before I go...

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 17:43:11 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I hope you all are enjoying your summers so far.  I wanted to give a
few updates and reminders before I get into the thick of packing for
my trip.  I leave on Thursday and won't be back till the Sunday after
our regular membership meeting this month.

Our fundraiser is going really well and we've sold $80 in tickets on
our PayPal account alone.  Aleeha has been confirming sales with
buyers and updating the spreadsheet of who bought what.  We've had
some technical issues with the fundraising committee dropbox not
syncing the file, so she's got the master copy stored locally on her
computer.  If you sell to family members or friends in cash or check
please make sure you tell Aleeha and get the money to Emily ASAP so
our records can all be straight.  (I say this because my parents are
buying but are barely able to send emails and use facebook).
Meanwhile, I know Macy and Emily have at least started the enrollment
process for Scrip and the June scrip order should arrive at my house
soon.  We still only have 8 cards with help from 2 chapters.  Can we
get 2 more people to sign up and get to 5 people using scrip and
purchasing with Presto Pay?  If not for OABS, do it for the kids who
can benefit from our BELL Program.  As a reminder of what we have,
here's the list: 1 $25 Darden Restaurants card, 1 Amazon card of
unknown denomination from Lorraine County, 1 $10 Domino's card, 1 $10
Chipotle Card, 1 $10 Tim Horton's card, 1 $10 Bath and Bodyworks card,
and 2 $15 ITunes cards, one of which from Capital.

Important dates:
Jun 11-Membership committee meeting at 7:30 PM, as Aleeha already
stated.  Please do what you can to attend this call, even if you're
not on the committee.
Jun 18: Membership call about convention.  This will be an informal
meeting where members discuss their convention plans, the agenda,
topics discussed, etc.  I've extended an invitation to any first-time
attendees who will be coming with our affiliate as well so they can
have a place to ask questions of people who have attended conventions
before.  Aleeha will be facilitating this call.
Jun 26: Fundraising committee.  As with membership, please do what you
can to attend this call even if you are not on the committee.  May's
meeting was great and someone who isn't formally on the committee was
able to give a fresh perspective.  New ideas or thoughts are always
welcome in both committees.  (PS: Neither Emily nor Aleeha bite).

I look forward to hearing about the meetings I'll miss.