[OABS] Fwd: December NABS Liaison Updates

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 18:38:24 UTC 2020

National federation of the Blind of Ohio (NFBO)

Offers

Leadership and Networking Training

Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 6:30 PM EDT.

The purpose of this opportunity is to offer members training on the value of leadership, networking and performing at a higher level; within and outside of the National Federation of the Blind that will foster opportunity, create innovation and  get results. The year of 2020 has proven that organizations must be flexible, adaptable  and have a clear plan in order to stay relevant. Therefore, we must improve our skills, as well as our overall performance in the Ohio Affiliate. Thus, personal success is linked to organizational success. This is why we hope such an endeavor will be encouraging to those who want to grow, excel and have an open line of communication to NFB professionals who will present on various topics that are indicated in the below agenda.

Agenda

6:30 PM – Welcome
Richard Payne, Affiliate President; NFB of Ohio

6:35 PM – Taking the Ohio Affiliate to a higher level of performance.
Suzanne Turner, Affiliate Vice President; NFB of Ohio

6:40 PM - Developing A Leadership Plan and Building Accountability
Everette Bacon, Affiliate President; NFB of Utah and Member of the National Board of Directors

7:00 PM – Networking, Public Speaking, Advocacy and Emotional Intelligence
Joe Ruffalo, President Emeritus; NFB of New Jersey and Member of the National Board of Directors

7:20 PM - The Importance of Effective Writing and Email protocols
Gary Wunder, Editor; NFB Brail Monitor and Former Member of the National Board of Directors

7:40 PM - Organizational Culture and The Value of a High Performing Affiliate
Ryan Strunk, Affiliate President; NFB of Minnesota

8:00 PM – Additional Q/A

8:15 PM – Final Remarks

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/4081850851 <https://zoom.us/j/4081850851> One tap mobile