[OABS] Fwd: [Ohio-Talk] 2021 Columbus Seminar

Kinshuk Tella kinshuk.tella at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 19:27:09 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Richard Payne via Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 3:58 AM
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] 2021 Columbus Seminar
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
CC: Richard Payne <rchpay7 at gmail.com>

2021 Columbus Seminar
Our Parental Rights legislation has now been introduced in the House, H.B.
253
and in the Senate, S.B. 202. We are planning for a Columbus Seminar on
September 20 and 21. The Board of Directors will meet in the afternoon of
September 19. We are also planning a short job seekers seminar for the
morning of September 20.
As a member of a chapter or division of the National Federation of the Blind
of Ohio, you are an integral part of who we are as an organization, and we
are relying on you to help us make these events successful. Use these
opportunities to build your chapter and therefore to build the affiliate.
Please read carefully the outline for the three days beginning on September
19, as presented below. Talk with your chapter president and let him/her
know if you want to be a part of these events and how much time you have to
commit. The Board of Directors is committed to making these events all
inclusive. This means that we will do what we can to assist with
transportation, meals, and lodging, though we will be deeply grateful for
personal support for the events.
We expect anyone who agrees to participate in any or all of the events to do
so in a way that is in accordance with the code of conduct of the National
Federation of the Blind and is also engaging, respectful, consistent with
the brand and values of the National Federation of the Blind, and that will
help participants grow as members of this organization. This is true
regardless of whether or not we are providing you with financial assistance.
The Board of Directors will meet at 1:00 PM on Sunday, September 19. This of
course is an open meeting, and we urge as many members who can do so to
attend. If for travel scheduling or other logistical reasons members need to
stay at the hotel Saturday night, we will work out the details if we know of
the situation in advance. We will gather for a relaxing dinner at a local
restaurant shortly after the conclusion of the meeting.
Monday begins our legislative work. The entire day of Monday, September 20,
is devoted to legislative training if that is what you are interested in.
But if you are looking for a job, there will be a job seekers seminar that
will run from 9:00 to noon, and at the same time We will offer a tour of the
Ohio State House as a part of our legislative work. Lunch is on your own
unless you are a part of the job seekers seminar, but once again, if you
need financial assistance, please be sure to discuss the matter with me in
advance.
In the afternoon you can be sure that we will have inspirational and
motivational speakers. You will get training on how to work in the Ohio
General Assembly all year long. Monday evening will be our great Gathering
In. This will include a meal appropriate for the occasion. If for any reason
you have been unable to join us for the earlier activities, we want you
there in time for the evening activities. Again, we will do what we can to
break down financial barriers to participation.
Those of you who have been a part of the Washington Seminar understand the
importance of participating in the Great Gathering In. Although we want to
be as inclusive as possible, you should also understand that by the time
Tuesday morning is here, we have to be organized and ready to hit Capitol
Square running. This means that all the training has to take place the night
before.
Chapters, please assist your members as much as possible. I will again say
that The affiliate will also work with anyone who needs assistance. To the
degree that it is needed, we will help with the cost of transportation and
lodging. We will do so in compliance with current affiliate policies. This
means that anyone who is requesting assistance with lodging should be
prepared to share a hotel room with one to three other people.
Transportation expenses will be reimbursed if discussed with me in advance
and provided that the appropriate receipts are included with a signed
expense reimbursement form.
You can Complete the form below or visit www.nfbohio.org
<http://www.nfbohio.org>    with the information that we need from all
members who wish to participate in this exciting opportunity. Please begin
discussing this with your Chapter or Division president as soon as possible.
Email special requests directly to Richard Payne, President:
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>
Thank you in advance for your dedication and continued service to the
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio! I hope to see each and every one
of you in Columbus. Let's go build the Federation!
Richard Payne, President
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio | 937-396-5573or 937/829/3368
2021 NFBO Columbus Seminar Participant Form
Top of Form
Name(Required)
FirstLast
Mobile Phone

Other Phone

Email(Required)

Emergency Contact Name
FirstLast
Phone

Arrival Date(Required)

Departure Date(Required)

Do you need transportation assistance?
If so, please describe.

Do you need financial assistance with lodging?
 Yes
Will you have one, two or three roommates?
If so, specify up to three in the following fields.
Name of Roommate 1
FirstLast
Name of Roommate 2
FirstLast
Name of Roommate 3
FirstLast
Are you prepared to share a room with one to three others?
 Yes
Please let us know of any special needs that you have related to sharing a
room.
For example: are you allergic to dogs, do you need an accessible room?

Please let us know your meal preferences.
For example: vegetarian, kosher, no seafood.

Do you have allergies or other medical conditions that we should be aware
of?
Please list.

If you are planning on participating in the legislative activities, who is
your state senator?

Who is your state representative?

Are you able to walk long distances?
 Yes

Bottom of Form
Keep Up With NFBO
 <https://facebook.com/ohiosblind>   <https://twitter.com/ohnfb>
<https://youtu.be/i8vGUqcsfiU>
*       Home <https://nfbohio.org/>

*       Independent Living <https://nfbohio.org/ohliving/>

*       Reading <https://nfbohio.org/reading/>

*       Education <https://nfbohio.org/ohio-ed/>

*       Recreation <https://nfbohio.org/recreation/>
Copyright (c) 2021 National Federation of the Blind of Ohio | Site Design by
Effective Solutions <https://myeffectivesolutions.com/>

Richard Payne,  President
937/829/3368
Rchpay7 at gmail.com <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com>