[OABS] join the Ohio Association of Blind students for it's monthly business meeting, October 27, 2023, 8:00 PM eastern, 5:00 PM pacific time!

Shane Popplestone spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 04:21:02 UTC 2023

Good morning fellow federationists and students!
Join the Ohio association of blind students for our Monthly business
meeting Friday, October 27, 2023 starting at 8:00 PM eastern, 5:00 PM
pacific time!
Attached in microsoft word format, and pasted below my signature is the
agenda including zoom connection details, as well as the minutes from
our September 29, 2023 business meeting.
Weather your a student in Ohio, or an interested student inside or
outside the state, a parent of a student, or just an interested
federationest, you are welcome to join us!
Hope to see you all their!

Shane Popplestone
President of the Ohio Association of blind students
Co-chair of the ohio newsline committee
member of the Grater Akron Chapter
member of Ohio Association of Guide Dog users
spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
234-716-2208
You can live the life you want!

Ohio association of blind students, all members business meeting

October 27, 2023.

Meeting Conducted by zoom.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83171167510?pwd=OEtLd25EMzMxODR3akhnZ00zYlg3Zz09

One tap mobile

+16473744685,,83171167510#,,,,*6227# Canada

+16475580588,,83171167510#,,,,*6227# Canada

Meeting ID: 831 7116 7510

Passcode: 6227

Meeting agenda

Call to order: Shane Popplestone

Roll call of members: Jackson Schwoebel, Secretary

Introduction of guests: Jackson Schwoebel, Secretary

?Check for quorum: Shane Popplestone

Ice breaker question: What’s a movie or TV show that makes you think of
fall?

Approval of the agenda, any additions? Shane Popplestone

Reports from the board

President: Shane Popplestone

Secretary: Jackson Schwoebel

Treasurer: Asia Quinones-Evans

Fundraiser status, any updates? Asia

Representative from the state board to speak on ideas to keep the
devision around for 2024: Suzanne Turner, state Membership chair

Other old business that doesn’t fit anywhere else:

New business:

Comments from guests:

Meeting schedule, and next meeting date:

Adjournment

Ohio Association of Blind Students September 29, 2023, Meeting Minutes

Meeting Starts: 8:10 PM

Roll Call:

Jackson Secretary

Shane President

Asia Treasurer

Emily member

Johnathan member

Aaron guest

Ice breaker questions what current book we read for pleasure that has
nothing to do with school.

Reports:

President report by Shane.

The state of Ohio required us to register ourselves by a new name.

Worked with NABS and attended calls.

Inform the board that there are state division calls next week on the 4
th.

If someone is in a chapter or division requiring brailling, Shane has an
embosser and can perform braille transcription tasks for people. Reach
out to Shane about this.

Convention pre-registration is open.

If anyone has registered before Monday, Suzanne may contact Suzanne
about banquet prices.

They do not take the money until they get to the hotel for the
convention.

Shane and Asia may have an opening for their hotel room.

On the 18th, Shane is on a call with scholarship winners to talk about
OABS.

Jackson did the Secretary's report.

Asia motions

Emily seconds the motion.

Motion carries.

Treasurer report by Asia

We have had our monthly fees that have gone on. Our current balance is
$368.51.

We did reimburse Shane for the Secretary of state to change the
division's name.

That amount was $39 to reimburse Shane for paying out of pocket for the
name change.

Jackson motions the treasurer's report.

Shane seconds the motion.

Motion carries.

Fundraiser for OABS.

Kinshuk made some fantastic marketing material for the fundraiser. It is
ready to go.

Launch date of October 1 until banquet night.

Launch on October 1. Do we want to leave it there, or do we need to
tweak the date to tomorrow and launch the fundraiser tonight?

Asia thinks we should hold it until Sunday.

We are going to wait until Sunday morning to release the fundraiser.

Sort out the purchase of the prizes.

We need to buy and store the products at either Asia or Shane's house.

Pick up the products next week.

Shane will send this to Ohio Talk, NABS, and the national list. This
information will go out on Sunday morning.

Shane is checking with other leaders about deposit paperwork to ensure
we are not missing anything.

Asia put her email in the marketing material on email and one contact.
This way, she can use the contact for the person for the raffle.

The following social meeting is October 13 on Friday.

The next business meeting is on October 27.

Meeting ends at 8:50 PM.