[Oagdu] You can't have the best of both worlds... Or can you?

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Tue Aug 18 18:50:35 UTC 2015

A legally blind person who needs a guide dog indicates their vision is
severe enough that they cannot travel independently.  If a blind
person can't travel independently they should not use a guide dog.
Remember, they are getting behind the wheel of a vehicle that has the
power to injure or kill.  People who have seizures are kept from
driving unless the seizures are under control for a period of time and
if they reoccur they cannot drive again.  I would absolutely never get
in the car of anyone who is driving and has a guide dog.  If they can
drive why do they need a dog?