[Oagdu] not necessarily a dog issue, but wanted to ask people what they thought about this development

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Oct 5 16:37:30 UTC 2015

On 10/5/15, Marion Gwizdala via Oagdu <oagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Abby,
>
> 	A place of public accommodation which includes your university, may not
> require proof of vaccination as a precondition to access. If you would like
> some additional input on the service animal policy of your university, I
> would be happy to review it and offer some guidance. Please send it to me
> off-list to
>
> president at nagdu.org
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> Fraternally yours,
> Marion Gwizdala

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marion, this is a housing issue not a university wide issue.  I have
been reading about HUD regulations and it is very confusing to me.
HUD can require a doctor's prescription and proof of vaccinations for
assistance dogs but it seems less clear regarding service animals.
Thanks for any guidance here.  I have a copy of the document all
service and assistance animal handlers were asked to sign and can
forward to you if that helps.