[Oagdu] service animals and Uber or Lyft again

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Oct 14 11:35:10 UTC 2015

Angel, the drivers are using their private cars for public purposes so this
needs to be worked out in the courts.  I totally agree that anyone who has
a private car can refuse to take a service animal but I do think it changes
when they are using their car for public purposes.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:36 AM, Angel via Oagdu <oagdu at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> As these Uber drivers are drivers in private cars, and are not taxis, they
> deserve the right to choose whether to take dogs or not.  At least they
> have the right to know, before they arrive at a home whether a dog will be
> riding in their private  vehicle.  It is the courteous thing to let them be
> aware of this   I suppose, the Uber customer would have the option to also
> choose not to let the driver know this?

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053