[Oagdu] Dealing with insurance companies.

Deanna Lewis DLewis at clovernook.org
Thu Jun 16 15:11:40 UTC 2016

Hi all,
On June 2nd, my mom and I were stuck in traffic on the highway in the rain. A car rear-ended us and did a slight bit of damage to the car. Luckily, we weren't going very fast, and Mambo was not in the car at the time of the accident. But, I just experienced this issue with the other driver's insurance company and it's really upset me. So, here goes...
My mom took our car to Progressive today so that they could inspect it and evaluate what needs to be fixed. They did not want to let us rent a loaner car because they do not allow "pets" in them. We explained that he is a guide dog and I reminded them of the laws. But, the lady insisted that Enterprise would not allow "pets", but she was going to check to see if they would make an exception. I'd also like to mention that we just rented a car from Enterprise a few weeks ago, with no issues. They did "allow" us to get a rental car, but the lady was pretty rude, although so was my mom. For anyone who knows my mom, you know what I mean /smiles/.
So, I'm still really angry about this, and I am thinking of filing a complaint with Progressive.
This also reminded me that we need to look into AAA and towing companies, in regard to service dogs. Debbie, I haven't forgotten you and the issue you had!
What do you guys think? I may also try calling the Nagdu hotline. Although they did not deny access, they still tried to and gave us a hard time.
Deanna

--
This email was Malware checked by UTM 9. http://www.sophos.com

Sent from the Clovernook email system