[OAGDU] Important OAGDU update

Deanna Lewis deannakay03 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 22:20:54 UTC 2020

Hello All,
I wanted to give a few updates about the Ohio Association of Guide Dog
Users Division.
Hopefully, you know that the National Federation of the Blind of Ohio
is having our state Convention virtually this year. I will send the
agenda shortly, for more information about the Convention please
visit: www.nfbohio.org
OAGDU will be having two meetings in November. The first is our annual
business meeting and elections; that we have at every State
Convention. This Zoom meeting will take place on Saturday, November 7
from 12:30-1:45 PM. I will send more information in a separate email.
On Sunday, November 8 at 7:00 PM, we will be having another Zoom call
with our Guest Speaker. This year we will be joined by Michael
Hingson, long-time NFB Member and author of Thunder Dog: The True
Story of a Blind Man, His Guide Dog, & the Triumph of Trust at Ground
Zero.
On September 11, 2001, a blind man escaped the World Trade Center by
walking down 78 flights of stairs with his guide dog. Days later,
America fell in love with Mike and Roselle and the special bond that
helped them both survive one of the country’s darkest days.

Remember I will send call-in information for both of our meetings in a
separate email. I hope you will be able to join us for these important
meetings and attend the NFB of Ohio’s Virtual Convention activities
too!
OAGDU is excited to announce two new fundraisers as well. We will be
selling chocolate bars and Honey Baked Ham gift cards for the upcoming
Holiday season. Please stay tuned to the list for more information on
these fundraisers.
Thanks so much!
Deanna