[OAGDU] Interesting conversation with Uber driver

marianne at denningweb.com marianne at denningweb.com
Sat Jul 29 04:01:29 UTC 2023

I used Uber today and did not have Duman with me. I asked him if he had
provided a trip to anyone using a service animal and he said he had but Uber
could not force anyone to take someone with a service animal. I tried to
explain the federal requirements to him and he didn't care what the federal
requirements were. He would definitely take me if I had my dog but since
each driver was a contractor rather than an employee they could refuse to
take people with service animals. This is a big part of the reason why we
are denied services. It doesn't matter to the drivers what Uber or the
federal government say they can do what they want. We need to work to change
this type of attitude. BTW he has been driving for Uber for 5 years and has
a very high rating.