[OAGDU] A Heads Up about a now Hopefully Terminated Lyft Driver

Richard Payne rchpay7 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 13:19:28 UTC 2026


Haylie did you file the report anyway?

 

 

Richard Payne, President National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

937/829/3368

 <mailto:Rchpay7 at gmail.com> Rchpay7 at gmail.com

 <http://www.nfbohio.org/> www.nfbohio.org

The National Federation of the Blind advances the lives of its members and
all blind people in the United States. We know that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams. Our collective power, determination,
and diversity achieve the aspirations of all blind people.

 

From: OAGDU <oagdu-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Haylie Gallacher via
OAGDU
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2026 3:34 PM
To: oagdu at nfbnet.org
Cc: Haylie Gallacher <haylieg2780 at gmail.com>
Subject: [OAGDU] A Heads Up about a now Hopefully Terminated Lyft Driver

 

I ordered a Lyft ride at about 12:30 P.M. on August 13th, 2026 to get to an
appointment.  The driver, Khaled, with license plate numberKVA2320 arrived
and as I approached the vehicle and reached for the door handle, the driver
stated no pets.  Even after I stated my dog is a service animal and by law
you cannot refuse me a ride, he stated no pets again.  He violated not only
Lyft's policy, but he violated state and federal law as well.  He clearly
knew I had a service animal as well since I have the optional service animal
notification for drivers enabled.  He had a clear path to proceed forward,
but instead, he intentionally reversed his vehicle and struck me with his
passenger side mirror.  Before I could move myself and my Seeing Eye Dog out
of the way, he did this a second time.  We are okay, but the Warren County
Sherrif department is not going to file charges against this driver even
though this was a hit and run under Ohio law and an assault with a deadly
weapon.

 

Hoping Evelyn's work has recovered from how horrible her work was this past
Thursday.

 

Haylie

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/oagdu_nfbnet.org/attachments/20260817/c06feb75/attachment.htm>


More information about the OAGDU mailing list