[OAGDU] A Heads Up about a now Hopefully Terminated Lyft Driver

Shane Popplestone spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 19:21:48 UTC 2026


I would send this information to

lyft-feedback at nagdu.org

as well as file a report, and the lack of the warren county sheriff's 
department not willing to file charges is disgusting and I'd be calling 
and speaking someone higher up in the chain of command at that police 
department.

Failing that, I'd be reaching out to media and making all kinds of noise 
about that, especially because he struck you with his passenger side mirror.

Shane Popplestone
Member, NFB Committee on Federation Web Coordination
Communications committee, NFB of Ohio
Legislative committee, NFB of Ohio
spopplestone.nfb at gmail.com
234-716-2208
You can live the life you want!

On 8/16/2026 3:33 PM, Haylie Gallacher via OAGDU wrote:
>
> I ordered a Lyft ride at about 12:30 P.M. on August 13^th , 2026 to 
> get to an appointment.  The driver, Khaled, with license plate 
> numberKVA2320 arrived and as I approached the vehicle and reached for 
> the door handle, the driver stated no pets.  Even after I stated my 
> dog is a service animal and by law you cannot refuse me a ride, he 
> stated no pets again.  He violated not only Lyft’s policy, but he 
> violated state and federal law as well.  He clearly knew I had a 
> service animal as well since I have the optional service animal 
> notification for drivers enabled.  He had a clear path to proceed 
> forward, but instead, he intentionally reversed his vehicle and struck 
> me with his passenger side mirror.  Before I could move myself and my 
> Seeing Eye Dog out of the way, he did this a second time.  We are 
> okay, but the Warren County Sherrif department is not going to file 
> charges against this driver even though this was a hit and run under 
> Ohio law and an assault with a deadly weapon.
>
> Hoping Evelyn’s work has recovered from how horrible her work was this 
> past Thursday.
>
> Haylie
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OAGDU mailing list
> OAGDU at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/oagdu_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for OAGDU:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/oagdu_nfbnet.org/spopplestone.nfb%40gmail.com
> List archives:http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/oagdu_nfbnet.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/oagdu_nfbnet.org/attachments/20260817/fb98552b/attachment.htm>


More information about the OAGDU mailing list