[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] The Jello Lesson

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Apr 6 11:37:09 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of trish via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 7:24 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] The Jello Lesson

The Jello Lesson

Carla stirred Jello into boiling water, added cold water, and put the bowl
with the watery mixture in the refrigerator to set. "Didn't Dana ask you to
come over to play this afternoon?" asked Mother after Carla had finished
washing the dishes.

Carla shrugged. "Yeah," she said, "but I don't feel like playing with her.
I'm beginning to think she's hopeless. She always wants her own way, and she
says mean things about other kids--stuff like that."

"Hm-m-m-m. That's too bad," said Mother. "Well, maybe it's time to check
your Jello."

Carla went to the refrigerator. "It's getting there," she said. "It's ready
for the fruit." She added apples and bananas to the Jello while she
continued to complain about Dana.

"Tell me something," said Mother. "Dana became a Christian just recently.
Has she improved at all since then?"

"Oh, sure." Carla nodded. "She used to be just awful--nobody liked her. Now
she's not as bad, but she still has a long way to go."

"Like the Jello," said Mother.

"The Jello?" repeated Carla. "What do you mean?"

"The Jello has improved since you started it, but it has a long way to go,
too," explained Mother. "It isn't hopeless, though. In time it will be set
and ready to eat. It reminds me that Christians don't usually 'set' all at
once, either. It takes time. As Christians grow in the Lord, they improve in
outward behavior. We need to be patient with them."

"Maybe we can add some 'fruit' to help them." Carla was enjoying the
comparison. "Like. . .we can pray for them, and we can be friendly."

"Good," approved Mother, "and let's remember that you and I aren't finished
yet, either. Let's grow together."

HOW ABOUT YOU? Do you know Christians who need a lot of improvement? Are you
praying for them? Are you helping them by being friendly and encouraging
them to attend church and study God's Word? Do you set a good example for
them? God finishes what He starts. He'll finish what He has begun in
them--and in you.

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it
on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Phil. 1:6)

The Children's Bible Hour
Jul 27, 2005

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7503)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7503>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20The%
20Jello%20Lesson>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20The%2
0Jello%20Lesson>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/81886968/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.