[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Amazing facts devotion

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Tue Apr 27 13:44:57 UTC 2021

DUTCHMAN’S ARK
April 27, 2021

Average reading time is about 6 minutes

An Amazing Fact: Dutch creationist Johan Huibers had a dream that someday Holland would be flooded. That led to his building a replica of Noah’s ark, complete with life-size animals. The seaworthy ark is only half the size of Noah’s original, but it is still nearly 230 feet long, 45 feet high, and 30 feet wide.

Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras, and bison are included in the ark’s interior. Even with all the animals it still has room for a 50-seat theater, where the story of Noah’s flood is retold. Eventually there will even be a petting zoo, with lambs, chickens, goats, and one camel. The total cost of the project was estimated to be around $1.2 million.

Johan also built the ark as testament to his literal belief in the Bible. He said, “This will speak very much to children, because it will give them something tangible to see that Noah’s ark really existed.” Assisted by his son, the 47-year-old contractor spent nearly two years building the ark by the water in Schagen, 30 miles north of Amsterdam.

As far as possible he has tried to remain true to the ark proportions described in the Bible, but Johan’s ark is constructed with American cedar and Norwegian pine rather than “gopher wood.” Biblical scholars are still not exactly sure what kind of wood that was. When the ark opened its doors in April 2007, visitors were stunned by its size. They think the Netherlands is probably the right place for an ark to be built.

With all the talk of global warming, some fear Holland will be the first place flooded if the polar caps melt much faster. Johan’s ark is a fully functional model and will even meet all the naval, fire, and animal rights regulations. Mr. Huibers plans to sail the ark through the interior waters around Holland. He’s praying this colossal exhibit will help renew interest in Christianity in the Netherlands, which has dramatically fallen in the past 50 years.

So will there be another global flood before Jesus returns? After Noah left the ark when the flood waters receded, the Bible says, “Thus I establish My covenant with you: Never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood; never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth” (Genesis 9:11). We are assured our world will not be destroyed again by water. But the Lord has warned that someday the earth will be cleansed by fire.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch."
Genesis 6:14

AMERICA IN BIBLE PROPHECY MAGAZINE
Does the Bible speak about events transpiring in our world? What does Revelation tell us about the key players in the final events? Is it possible that the United States will no longer be a sweet land of liberty?This beautifully designed magazine provides a clear and balanced overview of Revelation 13 and 14 to help your community understand what the Bible says about the final superpowers on Earth.

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)