[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] GOD'S CARE

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Aug 1 17:30:03 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Sunday, August 1, 2021 9:10 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] GOD'S CARE

GOD'S CARE

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24617370.2751/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9MVBldC41Ljc/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Bd853
13dd> 1 Peter 5:7

Ron Boyd-MacMillan shares the story of Sister Lin and family from North
Korea. As Christians, she and her husband prayed for a child for years.
After many years she finally conceived. They asked God for a safe delivery
because it was now the severe famine period of the mid-1990's.

Her husband went to search for food but came home weeping. All he could
offer her was bark from a tree to make soup. It was not enough to nourish a
woman with child. Then her husband went further afield to find food and was
shot to death by soldiers as he foraged food from the garbage bags on a
train. She was now alone.

When contractions started, she lay on the ground and gave birth to a dead
baby boy. She named him after her husband and buried the body. From there
she began to walk north and crossed the river into China. A Korean Christian
family in China nurtured her back to health.

Telling Ron her story, she asked, "Can I forgive God for making the world
this way?" Many of us, if honest, would acknowledge that we often have
doubts about God when we see the suffering and pain in our world, just like
Sister Lin. But we should value our doubts because they end up bringing God
close.

Ron answered her poignant question with another question, "Why are you still
a Christian?"

Sister Lin replied, "First because my Lord died young and alone in
excruciating pain without knowing why either. And secondly, because I have
gradually come to see that God's care is everywhere to be seen, if I can
look beyond my own suffering."

RESPONSE: Today I will look beyond the suffering I see around me and see
God's love and care.

PRAYER: Thank You Lord that You do care for Your creation and that in our
moments of doubt You draw close and reveal the truth of Your love and care.

Provided by Bible Gateway;

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8518)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8518>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20GOD%
27S%20CARE>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20GOD%27S%
20CARE>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/84589092/21951>  | New
Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.