[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Taste of an Apple

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Fri Aug 13 12:16:05 UTC 2021

From: Larry Perry <larryperry at performancepress.ccsend.com> On Behalf Of Larry Perry
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2021 8:11 AM
To: mmoore11 at kent.edu
Subject: EXT: Taste of an Apple

  <https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=b3bf9def-12ca-429c-a649-3ff0ba5790a1&a=1103316066373&c=6f49fc70-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a>

Letter from Larry

Friday

August 13, 2021

Good Friday Morning Everyone:

Today is Friday the 13th! Look for the good in everything today and

not the bad. This could be your lucky day too. Just keep Jesus in your

thoughts all day and you willbe surprised at your day!

Taste of an Apple

A well-respected scholar and avowed atheist was speaking at a large

outdoor picnic. He spoke for two and a half hours attempting to prove

that the resurrection of Jesus was false. He quoted scholar after scholar

and book after book. He concluded that since there was no such thing

as the historical resurrection, the religious tradition of the church was

groundless emotional nonsense because it was based on a relationship

with a risen Jesus, who never rose from the dead in any literal sense.

He then asked if there were any questions.

After about 30 seconds, an old preacher stood up. "Sir, I have one

question," he said as all eyes turned toward him. He reached into his

sack lunch and pulled out an apple he had been eating. "My question

is a simple question," he said before taking another bite of the apple.

He continued, "I haven't read all the books you have, and I can't recite

the Scriptures in the original Greek." He took a couple more bites of

the apple and said, "I don't know a thing about Niebuhr and Heidegger."

He finished the apple and said, "All I wanna know is: this apple I just

finished, was it tart or sweet?"

The speaker paused for a moment and answered in exemplary scholarly

fashion, "I cannot possibly answer that question, for I haven't tasted

your apple."

The white-haired preacher dropped the core of his apple into his

crumpled paper bag and said calmly, "Neither have you tasted my

Jesus."

Have you tasted Jesus?

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes

refuge in Him. If you have, rejoice in the hope of the resurrection that

your faith in Him brings." - Psalm 34:8

***

Much love,

Larry

NOTE: This letter is sent to anyone interested in receiving these inspirational notes. There is no charge and you are encouraged to forward these to anyone you think would benefit from reading them. If you would like to receive them direct, just send an email to me at larryperry at att.ne <mailto:larryperry at att.net> t and request to be added.

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

  <https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/sys/S.gif>

Performance Press | 11464 Saga Lane, Knoxville, TN 37931

 <https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001sN5pmngK0k9o3NqMiSj7fA%3D&ch=6f4b0606-74b9-11eb-9d75-fa163e24df6a&ca=b3bf9def-12ca-429c-a649-3ff0ba5790a1> Update Profile |  <https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice> Constant Contact Data Notice

Sent by  <mailto:larryperry at att.net> larryperry at att.net powered by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=b3bf9def-12ca-429c-a649-3ff0ba5790a1>

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&nav=b3bf9def-12ca-429c-a649-3ff0ba5790a1> Try email marketing for free today!

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.