[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] Where To Stare In The Storm by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 14:56:35 UTC 2021

“‘Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.’ So He said,
‘Come.’ And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the
water to go to Jesus” (Matthew 14:28-29).

Peter never would have made this request on a calm sea. I doubt Peter would
have ever stepped out of the boat. Storms prompt us to take unprecedented
journeys. For a few heart-stilling moments, Peter did the impossible. He
defied every law of gravity and nature.

Matthew moves us quickly to the major message of the event, and that is
where to stare in a storm. “But when [Peter] saw that the wind was
boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying,
‘Lord, save me!'” (v. 30). Focus on Christ, you can do the impossible.
Focus on the storm, you begin to sink.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."