[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: “It’s Time to Step Up”

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Mon Aug 23 15:55:00 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Monday, August 23, 2021 11:28 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: “It’s Time to Step Up”

 Monday, August 23, 2021
It’s Time to Step Up
LISTEN
“And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I
am giving you today.”
—Deuteronomy 6:6
There are many people today trying to figure out how to fix our
country. They have various ideas  about how to deal with all the
problems we’re facing as a nation.
But something that no one seems to be talking about is at the root of
everything: the breakdown of  the family. Studies have shown that you
can take almost every social ill in America today and trace  it
directly to the breakdown of the family—and specifically to the absence
of fathers.
When the family is strong, the church is strong. And when the church is
strong, the nation is  strong. But when the family breaks down, the
nation breaks down with it.
I believe there’s a full-throated, all-out attack on the family in our
nation today. It’s time for  moms and dads to be the spiritual leaders
in the home. And it’s time for grandparents to be  spiritual leaders too.
In fact, we need grandparents as never before. Many grandparents today
have stepped up to raise  grandkids that moms and dads have abandoned.
And I thank God for those grandparents. But I think we  make it very
hard to teach our children spiritual things by putting unnecessary
pressure on  ourselves.
We feel that we need to spend a specific amount of time talking to them
about things we’re not  comfortable with—in the most boring way
imaginable. But the best way to teach kids spiritual values  is to
weave them into everyday life.
The Bible says this about God’s commands: “Repeat them again and again
to your children. Talk about  them when you are at home and when you
are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are  getting
up” (Deuteronomy 6:7 NLT).
You can’t save America, and neither can I. You cannot save all the
families in America. But you can  save your family. So start there.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#8681): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8681
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.