[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] JOY IN THE MORNING

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Aug 24 13:54:15 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 9:51 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] JOY IN THE MORNING

JOY IN THE MORNING

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look
after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being
polluted by the world.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24837033.2717/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9SmFzLjEuMjc/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174B8a39
e7ad> James 1:27

God's love compels us to feed the hungry, empower the poor, defend the weak
and help those who are suffering. When we do these things, it includes
encouraging and strengthening those persecuted for their faith in Christ.
The Church has often led the way in education and medical services in
developing countries until governments or other local agencies take over.

Brother Andrew says that giving humanitarian aid is a picture of Jesus
knocking at the door of our hearts (our lives) in Revelation chapter three.
The doors of many hearts in the church are closed to acts of mercy and love
in action. Therefore, Jesus stands knocking at the door of our hearts asking
that we open that door and let Him in. His coming into our lives enables us
to do acts of love.

"They killed my husband before my very own eyes. As if that wasn't enough,
they destroyed everything by burning down our house including my dear
husband's workshop." These were the words of Esther, the widow whose husband
was killed by jihadists in Nigeria in January 2010.

For the mother of seven, life became unbearable. The house that her children
called home no longer existed and the daunting absence of an income was an
inevitable reality. To worsen their circumstances, the in-laws abandoned
Esther and her children. Surrounded by walls of a room too small for eight
people, depression threatened to overshadow her and Esther cried night and
day, asking God for a way out.

She truly needed a shoulder to lean on. A friend told us her story and from
there Open Doors provided financial support for this family. As a result the
family was able to move into an apartment in a Christian area, with enough
room for everyone. The new home lent enough space for Esther to even start
working from home. She is a tailor by profession and hopes to rent a shop in
the near future.

Esther thought it wise to take some of the money and start a vegetable
garden on a small scale. The idea is to feed her family and at the same time
generate an income from it. She is confident that her vegetable business
will grow to the point where she will be able to send the children to
school.

"If Open Doors had not come to my aid," Esther concluded with tears, "what
would have become of me and my children? For all I know, we all would have
been dead, either by the hands of Jihadists or hunger. As for my husband's
killers-though it's been difficult-through your prayers and encouragement
I've been able to forgive them."

RESPONSE: Today I will live in awareness of those around me needing help and
respond appropriately.

PRAYER: Lord, give me Your compassion for people in need. May I be an agent
of Your love today.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8687)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8687>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20JOY%
20IN%20THE%20MORNING>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20JOY%20IN
%20THE%20MORNING>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/85110790/21951>
| New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.