[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "God's Rescue Mission"

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Tue Aug 24 13:53:23 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2021 9:50 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "God's Rescue Mission"

 Monday, August 24, 2021
God's Rescue Mission
LISTEN
“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are
perishing, but to us who are being  saved it is the power of God.”
—1 Corinthians 1:18
Before I was a Christian, I always had an interest in Jesus Christ. He
fascinated me. I knew that  He existed at one time, but I never thought
of Him as someone that I could enter into a  relationship with.
I learned some things about Jesus by looking at religious art. For
example, I learned that He often  walked around carrying a lamb, and
sometimes He carried a staff as well.
But pretty much everything I learned about Jesus came from movies.
However, there was a part of His  story that I didn’t like: the ending.
In fact, I wondered why no one had ever made a movie about  Jesus that
ended differently.
I didn’t like the fact that He died on the cross. I wanted to edit out
that part of the story. It  made no sense to me at that time. And it
wasn’t until I became a Christian that I realized it was  all about
that part of the story. It was all about the cross.
Actually, that was the Lord’s purpose and plan from the very beginning.
Revelation 13:8 tells us  that He was “the Lamb slain from the
foundation of the world” (NKJV).
The birth of Jesus took place so there would be the death and
resurrection of Jesus. His death on  the cross wasn’t an afterthought
on the part of God the Father.
Before there was a solar system, before there was a planet called Earth
and a garden called Eden,  before there was a man named Adam and a
woman named Eve, before sin entered the human race, a  decision was
made in the councils of eternity. God the Father, the Son, and the Holy
Spirit decided  that the Son would come to Earth on a rescue mission.
That is why the cross is so important to us as Christians. There is
power in the message of the  cross.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#8686): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8686
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.