[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] God In The Flesh by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 14:06:17 UTC 2021

According to Philippians 2:7, Jesus took “the very nature of a servant.” He
became like us so he could serve us. He entered the world not to demand our
allegiance but to display his affection.

He knew you’d be sleepy, he knew you’d be grief stricken, and hungry. He
knew you’d face pain. If not the pain of the body, the pain of the soul. He
knew you’d face thirst. If not a thirst for water, at least a thirst for
truth. And the truth we glean from the image of a thirsty Christ on the
cross is: Jesus understands.

When we feel lonely, knowing someone understands can make all the
difference. You can be surrounded by people but still feel lonely if you
don’t feel known. And you can be alone but not feel lonely if you *are* known.
God became flesh, so we would always feel known by him.

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."