[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] BE A GOOD STEWARD OF YOUR TRIALS

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Aug 25 14:55:09 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 10:39 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] BE A GOOD STEWARD OF YOUR TRIALS

BE A GOOD STEWARD OF YOUR TRIALS

Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith
in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24847511.1536/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9MlRoZXNzLjEuNA/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Bf
d1bef30> 2 Thessalonians 1:4

The Apostle Paul praises the church in Thessalonica for their faith and love
in the face of persecutions and trials. In essence he is telling them that
they are good stewards of their trials, not letting them impact their faith
negatively.

I recently heard gospel singer Lynda Randall express this same thought of
"being a good steward of the trials I face," as she introduced her next solo
"It is Well With My Soul."

The lyrics of this hymn were written by Horatio Spafford, a lawyer of some
prominence in Chicago. He and his wife Anna had one son and four daughters,
and were good friends of D.L. Moody and Ira Sankey for many years. Mr.
Spafford's children had come to Christ through the influence of Ira Sankey's
music. When the Spafford's son died, the family went into deep mourning.

After two years of ministering to the homeless and needy people of Chicago,
Mr. Spafford thought his family needed a vacation. D. L. Moody and Ira
Sankey were in England holding evangelistic so Mr. Spafford decided to take
his family to England, where they could vacation and also be a help to his
friends Moody and Sankey.

He booked passage for his family on the ship SS Ville de Havre, but at the
last minute was unable to go with his family due to business. He promised to
follow them within a few weeks and they would all be reunited in England.

As the ship sailed across the Atlantic Ocean, it collided with the English
ship Lochearn, and sank within 12 minutes. 226 lives were lost, including
the four Spafford daughters. Mrs. Spafford was rescued from a floating piece
of debris. When she arrived in Wales 10 days later she cabled a message to
her husband, "Saved Alone..."

Mr. Spafford booked passage on the next ship heading to England. As the ship
crossed the area where the SS Ville de Havre sank, taking his daughters to
the ocean's depths, Mr. Spafford felt the Holy Spirit fill him with a
comforting peace. Leaving the ship's railing he went into his cabin where he
penned the hymn that has soothed so many souls who have been
broken-hearted...and one which I often hear sung in the meetings of the
persecuted church:

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;

Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,

It is well, it is well, with my soul.

RESPONSE: Today I will be a good steward of the trials I face.with faith,
love and perseverance.

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for Your faithfulness in all the trials I face. Help
me not waste them.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8692)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8692>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20BE%2
0A%20GOOD%20STEWARD%20OF%20YOUR%20TRIALS>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20BE%20A%2
0GOOD%20STEWARD%20OF%20YOUR%20TRIALS>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/85137083/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.