[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: " Before God's Final Judgement"

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Aug 25 14:12:39 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io [mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 10:11 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: " Before God's Final Judgement"

 Wednesday, August 25, 2021
Before God's Final Judgement
LISTEN
“As surely as I live, says the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in
the death of wicked people. I  only want them to turn from their wicked
ways so they can live”
—Ezekiel 33:11
Sometimes, I think people believe that God is simply waiting to strike
out and bring judgment.  Actually, it’s the very opposite.
The Bible teaches that God takes no delight in the death of the wicked
(see Ezekiel 33:11 NLT). God  doesn’t want to bring judgment, but He
will because His Word is true. And He tells us there are  penalties and
repercussions for disobedience.
For instance, the Lord gave Pharaoh chance after chance to cooperate
when He spoke through His  servant, Moses, and commanded him to release
the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. Instead, Pharaoh  resisted, and
his heart got harder.
As a result, a series of 10 plagues, or judgments, came upon Egypt.
Pharaoh was finally worn down  by them, but then he tried to mislead
and deceive Moses through a series of compromises.  Thankfully, Moses
didn’t give in to them.
That left one final judgment, which would be the deaths of Egypt’s
firstborn. Some might see that  as cruel, harsh, and extreme on the
part of the Lord. But let me say that for all practical  purposes,
Pharaoh decided his own fate.
How so?
Moses warned Pharaoh that he would be treated the way he treated the
Jews. The Lord was very clear  about that when He said to Moses, “Then
you will tell him, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is  my firstborn
son. I commanded you, “Let my son go, so he can worship me.” But since
you have  refused, I will now kill your firstborn son!’” (Exodus 4:22–23 NLT).
The Lord was very gentle with Pharaoh in some ways. He sent plagues,
each gaining in intensity, to  get Pharaoh’s attention. But Pharaoh’s
heart only grew harder. And in the end, Pharaoh had no one  to blame
but himself.
Never play chicken with God because you’re always going to lose.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#8691): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8691
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.