[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] For the Love of Everything Holy, Let Go - Devotion for Friday August 27 2021

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sat Aug 28 00:47:43 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of trish via groups.io
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 7:25 AM
To: cwwc <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io>
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] For the Love of Everything Holy, Let Go - Devotion for Friday August 27 2021

thought this was too good to not share.

For the Love of Everything Holy, Let Go

Author:  Lisa Albinus

Scripture Reading:   “Let all bitterness, wrath ,anger , clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.”  (Ephesians 4:31-32)

“One morning, a bee, the approximate size of Goliath, chased me into my car. Arms waving, I narrowly escaped with my life while the bee, on the other side of the glass, continued to try and reach me. With zeal, all of its little limbs worked frantically, against the glass, in apparent protest. In fascination, I watched this creature not give up. It did not move on, it did not fly away.

With all of its will it remained focused on me.

Eventually, I backed my car out of the driveway, waiting for the bee to let go. It held on as I reached the entrance to my neighborhood. As my car reached 45 mph on the main road it held on. Through traffic lights and speeds up to 55 mph…the bee did.not.let.go.   Literally, the bee arrived at my destination, clear on the other side of town, still waving all of its limbs at me.

I sat and talked to God, “What are you trying to show me?”  He speaks to me in the most profound way through the simplest of objects.  This day, He chose to use a bee to speak to me of letting go.

We have all been hurt by those we chose to trust and love, disappointed by circumstances and choices, hurt, offended, bruised, and crushed by those around us. We all wear scars.  We can choose to hold on to these offenses, storing them in a treasure chest that we open often, taking these offenses and relishing in the memory of the wrongs committed.

We polish the memories by playing it over, and over, and over again. We choose to live in yesterday with the offense, rather than embracing a new location, a new day, a new destination.

This little bee had remained focused on hurting me, while I went on my merry way.  I was reaching new destinations and new adventures, while the bee held on to yesterday and became a spectator on my sidelines. We can get so lost in our offense that we miss the wonders and the opportunities of each new day.”

Prayer:  Help me, dear Jesus, be who and what you want me to be. Give me strength, faith and hope, and most  of all, give me guidance each and every day. I let go and give you control.  In Your Holy Name, Amen.

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8702) <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8702>  | Reply To Group <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20For%20the%20Love%20of%20Everything%20Holy%2C%20Let%20Go%20-%20Devotion%20for%20Friday%20August%2027%202021>  | Reply To Sender <mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20For%20the%20Love%20of%20Everything%20Holy%2C%20Let%20Go%20-%20Devotion%20for%20Friday%20August%2027%202021>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/85183448/21951>  | New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.