[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] My Bible Verse of The Day - 8-27-21

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sat Aug 28 00:49:13 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 8:04 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] My Bible Verse of The Day - 8-27-21

My Bible Verse of The Day - 8-27-21
Matthew 10:16 (NKJV) 16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise  as serpents and harmless as doves.
When Jesus was preparing to send out His disciples, He told them many things that He felt were  important. He told them where to go, where not to go, when to leave, how to act, who to interact  with, etc.
He also warned them about some very specific things.
One of those things was the fact that some people would not be who they appeared to be. Those  people would be wolves in sheep’s clothing.
Wolves, as Jesus confirmed, are ravenous and dangerous to the sheep.
And the most dangerous part is that they don’t come out looking like wolves. They appear as sheep,  looking harmless. And this harmless appearance makes them even more dangerous because they appear  to be trustworthy.
We live in a world with lots of wolves. There are wolves in more places than most of us realize.
They are in our workplaces. They are in our schools. They are in our local places of business. They  are in our families. And, yes, they are in our churches.
So, it’s important that we be aware of this and be watchful everywhere we go.
Our spiritual lives depend on it. Our walk with God depends on it. And our eternal destiny depends  on it.
We need to learn to hear the Holy Spirit. We need to heed His warnings.
And we need to take action  with what He shows us.
This world has become more and more dangerous for us to walk through.
But God has been faithful to  give us everything we need in order to navigate it successfully.
Listen. Act. Trust God.
Pastor Curt & Pastor Ellie

View/Reply Online (#8704): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8704
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io