[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "Live Expectantly"

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sat Aug 28 00:50:04 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io <committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill Koppelmann via groups.io
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 8:07 AM
To: audioourplace-chat at googlegroups.com
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Greg Laurie: Daily Devotion: "Live Expectantly"

 Friday, August 27, 2021
Live Expectantly
LISTEN
“Eat it with your traveling clothes on, prepared for a long journey, wearing your walking shoes and  carrying your walking sticks in your hands; eat it hurriedly. This observance shall be called the  Lord’s Passover.”
—Exodus 12:11
Some people eat slowly, and other people eat quickly. My wife, for example, cuts every bite of food  perfectly. She eats slowly and can even have a nice conversation during the meal.
My bites of food, on the other hand, are too big. I’m like a shark.
Have you ever watched a shark  take a bite of something? That’s me.
It’s why I can’t pick up food to go and actually get it home  before I eat everything. I tend to eat every meal with a sense of urgency.
When the Israelites observed the Passover in Egypt, they had to eat their meal with urgency as  well. They had to be ready to move at a moment’s notice.
The Passover was to be a new beginning for Israel, and the Lord gave Moses detailed instructions  for something they would do from that day forward. They were to remember what God did for them—that  He passed over them in His judgment upon Egypt because they did what He told them to do.
God said, “These are your instructions for eating this meal: Be fully dressed, wear your sandals,  and carry your walking stick in your hand.
Eat the meal with urgency, for this is the Lord’s  Passover” (Exodus
12:11 NLT).
If we were to update this verse for the 21st century, it would read something like this: “Have your  running shoes on, have your suitcase packed, have your cell phone charged, have your passport  ready, and be ready to go out the door.”
As believers, we need to live with a sense of expectancy of the return of Jesus Christ. We need to  be ready to go.
Are you ready to go? Are you ready for opportunities to share the gospel that might come your way?
Be ready. Be alert. This is how we’re to live in light of Christ’s imminent return.
Share this today:

View/Reply Online (#8705): https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8705
-=-=-
Questions, concerns, suggestions?  Contact us Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
-=-=-
Group Owner: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io