[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] REFINER'S FIRE

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sat Aug 28 00:53:27 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via groups.io
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 10:54 AM
To: Mr. Ed <pinky14 at abe.midco.net>
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] REFINER'S FIRE

REFINER'S FIRE

".I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on
my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they
will say, 'The LORD is our God.'"
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/24871516.1539/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9WmVjaC4xMy45/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Bb03
969e8> Zechariah 13:9

In 2004, my colleague and friend Dr. Jim Cunningham was in Ethiopia teaching
Standing Strong Through the Storm (SSTS). His teaching assignments took him
to the far western province of Gambella where many Christians of the Anuak
tribe had been killed in recent fighting. The believers there told him about
one of their pastors, Okok Ojula, who was in prison in the capital, Addis
Ababa.

Okok had been head of the Bureau of Social Rehabilitation in Gambella. He
was falsely accused of corruption and taking three million Ethiopian Birr.
No evidence was presented so the trial was moved to Addis-three days away by
bus-to a federal court. He had been sitting in jail for two years waiting
for a trial date to be set! His wife Nuno and their six children were
patiently waiting back in Gambella. They asked Jim to visit Pastor Okok in
prison.

Jim went to the Administrator's Office of the main federal prison back in
Addis to try and see Pastor Okok. "Why do you want to see him?" the
administrator asked. Jim responded, "Because I was in Gambella, met his wife
Nuno and their six children and I told them I would come and give him
greetings from them."

He replied rather directly, "Why do YOU want to see him?" Jim looked him in
the eye and said, "Okuk is a Christian and a pastor in Gambella, I am a
Christian and a pastor in Canada. I want to meet him and pray with him!" At
that moment the administrator's countenance changed. He turned to Jim and
said, "You may meet him next door in the Deputy Administrator's office."

Okuk was brought in for forty-five minutes-with coffee provided-and they
shared and prayed together! It was a great time of blessing for both men.

After three and a half years, Okuk was released from prison as a free man
completely exonerated. He then shared with Jim by mail that he had earlier
conformed his life around serving the Lord, resuming his education at the
highest level, doing research work, and other valuable good things to help
people. But he had never thought of imprisonment at any time. Time was very
precious to him and he never thought of wasting it in prison sitting under a
hostile situation. But having been in prison he learned many lessons.

Commenting about Moses' burning bush, he said, "Prison to me, is a place
where the Lord can appear to us in flames of fire to refine us-but never
'burn us up.' I see that the Lord is more concerned with our perfection
obtained through walks in all levels of patience, endurance, character, and
hope in order to expel fear and self-centeredness in our lives-and prepare
us to see and believe that He is God Almighty as He appeared to Moses. He
intends for us not to put Him in our little box to use Him as an instrument
to suit our release from the prison. [Rather] patience, endurance,
character, and hope have to finish their work to perfection."

RESPONSE: Today I will accept that God may have to put me through the
refiner's fire to perfect me.

PRAYER: Lord, build patience, endurance, character and hope into my life in
Your way and purpose.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8706)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/8706>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20REFI
NER%27S%20FIRE>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20REFINER%
27S%20FIRE>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/85187635/21951>  | New
Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.