[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: Audio Bibles for the Blind | December 2021 Newsletter

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed Dec 8 14:38:37 UTC 2021

From: Aurora Ministries [mailto:bibles at auroraministries.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 8, 2021 9:34 AM
To: Michael Moore
Subject: EXT: Audio Bibles for the Blind | December 2021 Newsletter

"It was devastating to lose access to my Bible when I lost my sight completely.”

‌ ‌

Aurora Ministries

 lady holding a gift box. Tag reads so very thankful for you. Photo by Monstera from Pexels <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/variants/187bo9j8csmxpgarbijosu6uycai/56bb704cb6cb0a0ab4246ad1fffa8b9979b8dab45168f56be4d5ddf3527f2684.jpg>

I can’t believe we have nearly reached the end of 2021 already!

Thanks to the generous support of friends like you, Aurora Ministries and the Audio Bibles for the Blind project have been able to accomplish many great things...despite the effects of COVID still making everyday life difficult for everyone.

This time of year is already difficult for many of the people we serve. It's no secret that the greatest group of people to whom we provide our free Audio Bibles are blind users over the age of 65—seniors that are either completely blind, unable to read large print
or have a physical disability that keeps them from managing the pages of a printed book.

The focus on family, friends and togetherness during this time of year can actually bring melancholy feelings to the forefront for many seniors. According to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH), socially isolated older adults are at higher risk for depression.

During the next couple of months, we typically distribute more Audio Bibles than usual because many want to hear the Bible and receive the peace and joy which can only come from the Holy Scriptures. Many of these people have been living without their Bibles ever since they lost the ability to read years ago and have just learned about our Audio Bible ministry of giving accessible Bibles freely without cost or time limit to keep.

Beverly, a blind person we sent the gift of an Audio Bible to previously, told us, “I set out on a mission to read the entire New Testament using my magnifying glass before I lost my vision completely. It was devastating to lose access to my Bible when I lost my sight completely.”

Beverly was one of these seniors mentioned—socially isolated, alone and depressed. You see, she lost her husband after a lifetime of marriage, soon after losing her son to cancer, and then lost her sight due to glaucoma and corneal disease all in the course of a few years.

Thanks to your generosity—and that of all our friends—we were able to send an Audio Bible to Beverly when she needed it most. I wish you could meet her in person and see the difference it has made in her life.

“When I received my Audio Bible, it was a blessing. This Audio Bible is very helpful. Everybody who cannot see or hold a book should have the opportunity to have one.”

I couldn’t agree more, which is why I’m writing to you today. I trust you feel as passionately about delivering Audio Bibles to those who need them most as I do. From here at home in the United States to Canada to Australia and beyond, we hear their pleas...hundreds of requests every single month! All desperate for Audio Bibles. All depending on this ministry—on you and me—to respond.

It’s only through the gifts of friends like you that we are able to deliver God’s Word to those who need to hear.

Please pray about how the Lord would guide you to respond today. Whatever you can share will help. Thank you.

DONATE TO AURORA MINISTRIES

Aurora Ministries is a member of ECFA.
(Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability)

SPECIAL OFFER FOR OUR EMAIL NEWSLETTER FOLLOWERS

$10 OFF ANY "Hear My Bible"
or "TTB Solar Bible Bus" players

Use code: GIFT21 at checkout or click the link below to automatically apply the discount to your order.
Offer expires 12/31/21

Apply discount

LEARN MORE ABOUT
AURORA MINISTRIES

[ PHOTO IMAGE OF FOUNDER ANTHONY ROSSI WITH FRIEND CLIFF BARROWS ]

Aurora Ministries founder Anthony T. Rossi (founder of Tropicana). Anthony Rossi (left) pictured with Friend Cliff Barrows (right).

WATCH THE VIDEO

WHERE DO DONATED AUDIO BIBLES TO THE BLIND GO?

  <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/variants/hwef6b5ahslliext1219y4b6zndb/51cd02b8b10742afe0420f340d7c871f97ce68e7c4e107c784a4aaa02e05f4cb.png>

VIEW AUDIO BIBLE DISTRIBUTION MAP

 [ PHOTO OF BLIND MAN LISTENING TO BIBLE ON DIGITAL TALKING BOOK PLAYER ] <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/variants/5smwawwnr4u8wm7kfzhomvkmo2r8/51cd02b8b10742afe0420f340d7c871f97ce68e7c4e107c784a4aaa02e05f4cb.png>

Do you know someone who is blind or has a print-disability?

Free accessible Audio Bibles for blind, visually impaired and print-handicapped. National Library Service f/t Blind Digital Talking Book, Daisy Book, MP3 & Audio/Video DVD.

VIEW FREE RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR BLIND AND PRINT DISABLED

Aurora Ministries

(941)748-3031

© 2021 Aurora Ministries

 <https://www.auroraministries.org/account/unsubscribe?email=mmoore11%40kent.edu&token=cHJJ-V1xqZOcFkcRa7SKmLjuvwXVEDcc44CMLIE61kyM6hq6c3i8CHD6XJd_1-OmdK3LXqD-xyZQAicPopr2YlTAbt-Axfdsh2j93kvIr00%3D&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email&utm_campaign=emailmarketing_119070949418&utm_content=unsubscribe_batch_d35f34a8-594e-4d42-95b4-f558a27c37be> Unsubscribe

  <https://cdn.shopify.com/shopify-email/w6x6e9hhncbry6xkh1k7svrc4xko.png>

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.