[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] The Fertile Soil of Grace by Max Lucado

Maggie Stringer ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 12:51:22 UTC 2021

What kind of person does unresolved guilt create? An anxious one, forever
hiding, running, denying, pretending. As one man admitted, “I was always
living a lie for fear someone might see me for who I really was and think
less of me. I hid behind my super spirituality but this lie was exhausting
and anxiety producing.”

Unresolved guilt will turn you into a miserable, weary, angry, fretful
mess. In a psalm David wrote after his affair with Bathsheba, the king
said: “When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned
all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My
strength evaporated like water in the summer heat” (Psalm 32:3-4 NLT).

As Paul told Titus, God’s grace is the fertile soil out of which courage
sprouts! “God’s readiness to give and forgive is now public. Salvation is
available for everyone!” (Titus 2:11-14 MSG)

Maggie Stringer
Phone: (443) 750-0070
Email: ravensfan784 at gmail.com
Community Service Facebook Page
<https://www.facebook.com/CommunityServiceDivision/>
NFB Website <http://www.nfb.org>
NFB Ohio Website <http://www.nfbohio.org>
“The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra."