[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] ONCE YOU ARE SAVED, CAN YOU EVER LOSE YOUR SALVATION? PT. 3

Shelly Duffy shellsebel at icloud.com
Mon Jul 26 20:19:39 UTC 2021

ONCE YOU ARE SAVED, CAN YOU EVER LOSE YOUR SALVATION? PT. 3
July 26, 2021

Average reading time is about 5 minutes

As we continue looking at the topic of salvation, I want to highlight that God does not want us to live in fear. John writes, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear” (1 John 4:18). As long as we abide in Christ, we have nothing to fear. But when we take our hand out of His hand and we choose to turn from His will and go our own way, then we lose this assurance. But as long as we are placing our lives in the hands of the Almighty, we don’t have to live in fear and doubt. God doesn’t want us to have that kind of experience.

I believe that it’s important for us to daily rededicate our lives to the Lord. That doesn’t mean that we’re lost every day. Paul said, “I die daily” (1 Corinthians 15:31). What he means by that is, “I choose every day to die to self and be born again unto God.” On a daily basis we rededicate ourselves to God. That doesn’t mean you’re lost and saved and lost and saved … as if you’re on a spiritual roller coaster. Jesus taught us to pray, “Give us this day our daily bread” (Matthew 6:11). We live on the basis of daily trusting in the Lord.

Some Christians do advocate the doctrine of eternal security. The Bible teaches that God leaves the door open for us to change our minds at any time. Salvation is not based upon only one irrevocable act or choice of the past, but upon a continuous, personal relationship of the believer with Christ. When the decision to break the love relationship is made by willful disobedience, the believer ceases to be a true believer and forfeits any assurance of salvation.

KEY BIBLE TEXTS
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
1 John 5:13

Did you enjoy this devotional? Request today's free offer:
Can a Saved Man Choose to Be Lost? - Paper or Digital PDF

The power of choice is an amazing gift from God but does it end once you have accepted Christ? Does eternal life really hinge on a single moment of decision? This is a great book for anyone who has questions about the once saved always saved doctrine.
Request Today's Free Offer

REVELATION NOW! DVD SET
Join Pastor Doug Batchelor for this epic Bible prophecy series and get clear, trustworthy, logical answers to your most pressing questions about life, prophecy, and the last days. You’ll not only receive life-changing insight into what the future will bring next, but you’ll also gain the practical tools you need to thrive in the here and now!

MORE FROM AMAZING FACTS

24/7 Christian Television

Free Book Library

Verse of the Day

WAS THIS EMAIL FORWARDED TO YOU?
Click HERE to get your own free subscription!

FOLLOW US:

Copyright © 2018 Amazing Facts
Our address is PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678

If you do not wish to receive future email, click here.
(You can also send your request to Customer Care at the street address above.)